Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Running Update


 UPDATE:  I have now lost count of my weeks. ...I am 9 or 10, but it really does not matter anymore because I want to continue, I will continue and I look forward to my runs even though they are still very challenging and I had a rough week of CNS fatique recently that made me think I was going to die.  

I have altered my running plan to try to increase my speed and distance.  Once I made it to run 30 minutes continuously I felt I really needed to back up and start working on intervals to get me into better shape.  I am thinking I probably won't run the 5K this weekend and that is okay because I have been running consistently for over 9 weeks and that in itself makes me happy.  I want to run the 5K when I feel most ready and I don't want it to end up being a discouraging thing instead of a positive thing because I am hard on myself.   I will keep you posted.  I am drinking water now - woohoo and eating more fruits each day so I am trying very hard to change my lifestyle.  I am really not dropping weight yet, but I am proud and happy with my progress and that is what I want.

  I am a runner now...not a fast one, but a runner!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

SITE DESIGN BY FABULOUS K CREATIVE | POWERED BY BLOGGER