Wednesday, June 29, 2011

What a simple idea

A few months back I was blogging and saw a great idea that I put into practice.  I wish I could remember where so I could give credit where it is due, but at least I finally changed my ways.  For years I have done my bill paying and then kept all of the parts of the bill in folders in my desk.  The problem with that system is that I hate filing and my desk is upstairs and I always do all the work downstairs so the filing process drags on forever and did I mention that I hate it!   Anyway a wonderful blogger had this revelation and shared it and just in case you never find her maybe you will be inspired here.  Each month when I pay my bill I now just use a 3 hole punch and place them in the binder which I have separated into categories: utilities, debts, miscellaneous, etc.  I place the newest in the front and at the end of the year I can simply rubber band it all together in one 2011 file. Genius!!! I love that now when I pay each item the bill from last month is easily accessible and doesn't involve a flight of stairs and then looking through the "to be filed" basket or the appropriate tab.  As far as I am concerned this is the ultimate in simplicity that makes a "chore" easier to tolerate.

1 comment:

  1. Very cool idea! I'm all about organization--thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

 

SITE DESIGN BY FABULOUS K CREATIVE | POWERED BY BLOGGER