Saturday, January 14, 2012

Running 2012





OK so this photo isn't me.  I am not that trim and my stride is no where near that long, but I am still running.  I have managed to only do two runs per week for the last two weeks instead of the 3-4 I want to do.  I started my 12 week program over before the holidays at a faster pace and trying to push myself to move beyond a snail's pace.  Some days I feel like I am doing better, and others like today I don't feel like I am improving at all.  Today I decided to walk on my street and run repeats on the hill that I dread so much.  The hill was brutal and it was freezing so 3 hills is all I got in.  Doesn't sound like much, but my heart and lungs were convinced otherwise.  I am also really trying to pay attention to the fuel that enters my body, again have not lost one red pound.  I am trying to keep my mind focused and see if I can make more progress.  I still have bigger things I want to do, I just have to stay committed and focused.  I admit it is hard in this dreary winter time, but I know every year June rolls around and I realize all the time I wasted.  Hopefully this year I will change my life the way I intend to instead of letting my mind win the battle.  I am strong!  I can do this!  I am also wanting to check into Crossfit or the YMCA as alternatives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

SITE DESIGN BY FABULOUS K CREATIVE | POWERED BY BLOGGER