Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Well here we are...




How can it possibly be 2012?   I don't know if I was ready.  I am not one to make resolutions, but I am continually in a state of making goals and revamping them.  I will say 2011 in hindsight ended up being a year with many challenges.
*  I changed jobs in nursing to one where I feel very fulfilled and it also has a scheduled that allows me to be a better mom.  It still requires complex scheduling and help from others, but ultimately I have been less tired and overextended which makes for a better me.  Learning a new job and new way of doing things have been a challenge.  Thankfully I finally am starting to feel settled. 
*  I have been very conflicted about returning to school and even though I keep wanting to God seems to have other purposes for me and it hasn't panned out yet. 
* I decided on a dare really from my husband to take up running again.  He actually started with me and lasted a whole three weeks.  I really think he just tapped into my competitive nature and got me started and he really knew once I lit the fire I would go.  I am still not fast, but I completed my first 5k after not running in many, many years.  I started around Labor day and have run 3 days per week most every single week since then.  I actually started my 12 week program over at a faster speed to try to improve.  I really, really want to completed a marathon.  Shhh...don't tell anybody, but I really think I can do it.  I have my mind set on a target date/time and I will keep it posted if if comes up in the near decade.  I think running is a difficult thing to do even when done slowly.  I have been somewhat disappointed that I have not lost "one red pound" as I like to say, but really that is my own fault because I have not changed my eating habits - at all.   I know if I get serious about doing distance running I must change my fuel.  That just may work if i start really training.  Time will tell.
* My FIL and very dear neighbor had bypass surgery in the fall.  Reality of taking care of the importance of taking care of my health.
* This paying off debt thing is really hard.  We have really been on lock down and done without so many things.  I am hoping 2012 is the year of a positive turn around because I am so very tired of not having any money to do anything.  We are blessed to have a roof over our head and electricity, but some time you work and work and want to just do more than get by.  I hope this will be our year.  We have sacrificed for a long time to get here.
*Family is the ultimate most important thing on earth.  I want to keep making memories and cherish time together.
* My spiritual life is a bit of a work in progress.  I am able to do my devotions of most days and pray continually, but I want us to have a permanent church home.  I pray we will find our place and build relationships and be involved in more activities.  If you read this please consider praying for all these things for our family.
* I tried to take even the smallest opportunities to take care of myself.  It is hard for me.  I like to take care of others and honestly I am pretty low maintenance and have low self confidence.  I have tried to paint my nails more.  It seems like a little thing, but I am a nervous nellie and I will pick and pick if they are not painted and I have never had long nails.  Simple things like this and burning candles that I enjoy are just a couple of ways I have tried to take care of myself with a limited budget.
*Blogging has not been as easy for me.  I have been in a rut with meals and trying to be healthy, quick, cost effective, and pleasing to everyone is hard.  I have had hard time trying to manage my time and keeping the house going. I really wish I could hire a housekeeper so I could come home and just be off, but it is as likely as winning the lottery at this point.  My standards have had to be lowered somewhat and hopefully I will improve in this area this year.

I wanted to get my thoughts written down in hopes it will help me establish my goals for 2012.  Wish me luck!

P.S. Remember time FLIES!!!! Make the most of it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

SITE DESIGN BY FABULOUS K CREATIVE | POWERED BY BLOGGER