Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Veggie Tales

I was checking my blog and noticed I haven't posted many vegetable recipes.  I do have lots of them, but I guess I haven't gotten around to them in some of my cookbooks so I thought I would post about a few tried and true things I use for weeknight meals.

These are the ONLY peas I will buy.  Paula Deen says the same thing in her cookbooks!
Just a little butter and salt and pepper.
With Brown Sugar and butter!!
Steamed of course- we don't use sauce on these babies.
Drain the water off and replace with water and chicken bouillon cubes, 1T oil and salt/pepper.  Cook to death- as they say in the south. 
These are some of the staples I keep on hand to round out a weeknight easy meal.  I will post more on casseroles and more complicated side dishes in future posts.  I hope I am not the only mom who has to supplement with canned or frozen veggies to get them in our diet.  Let me know yours!

1 comment:

  1. You are so sweet! Thank you! I have loved learning from others through blogs. I will have to use some of these great recipes - heaven knows I've got some pickyeaters!!!
    Nice to meet you! :)
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete

 

SITE DESIGN BY FABULOUS K CREATIVE | POWERED BY BLOGGER