Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Round Steak & Rice

This recipe was given to me by a former coworker and she called it beef stroganoff, but I have always known beef stroganoff to be a creamy white sauce.  This is not like that at all.  This is a tangy, tomato type sauce so I renamed it in my post to not steer anyone wrong.  I do really like this dish, but it is just stroganoff to me.

1-2 medium onions, chopped
1 stick margarine
1  1/2 lb round steak, cut into strips
s/p to taste
2/3 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. mustard
1 can tomato soup
1 t. worstershire sauce
1 small can sliced mushrooms
(Serve over cooked rice)

 Saute onions in butter. Add meat and brown then add remaining ingredients.  Reduce heat to low and cook for one hour.

Note- I have the meat person run the round steak through the tenderizer so it will be more tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

SITE DESIGN BY FABULOUS K CREATIVE | POWERED BY BLOGGER