Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Butter aka Butta





When I was in second grade (a very long time ago) I remember a lady coming into class and making butter right in the classroom.  I still remember it as the best tasting butter I ever had!!  Today I found this recipe at www.southernplate.com and it was exactly like the childhood memory in my mind.  I can't wait to try it.
I promise to get back to some of my own recipes soon, but I have been in a rut and looking for new things myself lately.  I hope you will try the butter yourself or with your kids.



Making Butter At Home (Fun activity for all ages!)

  • Whipping Cream
  • Mason Jar
  • Salt (optional)
Fill jar 1/2 to 3/4 full with cream. Place lid on tightly. Shake for ten to thirty minutes, or until you hear solids shaking around and can see through the glass that the solids have separated from liquid (read up in post for more details of what the shaking stages will be like). Pour into colander to separate liquid from butter. Place butter in a ramekin or bowl and stir in salt, if desired. Refrigerate until hardened. Enjoy!
(photo and recipe from www.southernplate.com - she has a great cookbook out too!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

SITE DESIGN BY FABULOUS K CREATIVE | POWERED BY BLOGGER