Thursday, April 7, 2011

Living Room Elements

As you know my dog passed away about a month ago.  Before he died unfortunately he was very, very sick near the end and as a result my living room carpet has to be replaced.  I have been wanting to redo this room for a while now anyway so I decided to blog about some of the elements that I want in the room.  I finally have a plan and a budget so if I can just find time and MONEY I can get started.

First I am going to paint the room Sherwin Williams Kilim Beige and place a stainmaster carpet similar to a berber that will not show traffic and look neat.
This is NOT my room...this is only an example of the paint color.
Then I need a sofa similar to this one.
With chair and ottoman to match and maybe another chair.

I want soft blue accents with perhaps paisley on curtains and maybe a stripe for accent pillows.





I already have this print in the room and the colors will work nicely together.

Add a few other accessories and the room would be done...again when I get some money dang it.

For good measure I guess I could add one of these to make the boys happy...

Complete with LARGE TV of course....and doors that close for my happiness.

2 comments:

  1. I really like the ideas you have planned. The colors are so warm and nice. I hope you get it done just how you want it.
    PS...I said it before but I am so sorry about your dog.
    Sending hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am interested in your progress. I was researching Kilim Beige and came up with your blog! Does your room have a lot of natural light? I am in an older home with smaller windows and an overhang across the back, so I am feeling oppressed by the bold color choices of the prior owner...gold, rust and muted greens. Have you lived with kilim beige a bit yet.

    Sorry about your pooch. :(

    ReplyDelete

 

SITE DESIGN BY FABULOUS K CREATIVE | POWERED BY BLOGGER