Sunday, September 25, 2011

Channeling my inner Pioneer Woman






After watching my taped Pioneer Woman yesterday I thought I would give her Pot Roast recipe a try.   We had roast, mashed potatoes and this wonderful blackberry cobbler with ice cream.  What a great meal.

In case you missed it...
Brown onion and carrot in olive oil over medium high heat and remove.  Sear  chuck roast that has been liberally seasoned with salt and pepper in same pan.  Remove and pour can of beef broth in pan to remove seared goodness in the bottom.  (She was able to return it all to the same pot and return to the oven, but I don't have an oven proof dutch oven to I transferred it all to a baking dish.) Add fresh rosemary and thyme to broth. Bake at 275 degrees for 3 hours.  Serve with bread and mashed potatoes.

The cobbler is the recipe I have used my entire life, but I never even considered blackberry, but boy it was so good.

Melt 1 stick butter in pan in 350 degree oven.
Meanwhile mix 1 c. self rising flour, 1 c. milk, 1 c. sugar. 
Pour into pan over butter.  Sprinkle mixture with berries and dust with sugar.
Bake 45 minutes or until golden brown.  Serve while warm with ice cream.  Don't hate me because it is so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

SITE DESIGN BY FABULOUS K CREATIVE | POWERED BY BLOGGER