Friday, September 2, 2011

September

Today I came home from work early because my son is sick.  I noticed on the way home that leaves are just starting to turn and make an entrance of yellow in the sea of green.  I know it won't be long before the other colors emerge and it will become the patchwork quilt that God graces us with each year.  Maybe it is because I am a fall baby but I always embrace fall.  I love the changing of the seasons and I am so thankful to live in an area that truly experiences each one so I try to savor them all and do little things for each one.  There have been times in my life that years have gone by and I felt like I wasn't even aware of the changes because I was so busy, stress, or otherwise caught up in things.  I try very hard at this point in my life to really take in the beauty and wonder that God provides for us and take time to truly appreciate it. 

Some things I look forward to this month:

Pulling out a few items of fall decor to add a touch here and there.  I am past decorating every room seasonally.  I am in the "less is more" season of my life.

When the coolness sets in I will make my first batch of soup in the crockpot - probably taco soup.

Pumpkin candles and pumpkin bread time will arrive soon....maybe even pumpkin pancakes.

I plan to sign up next week for the 10 week 5K training program.  I hope you will make me keep my word.

I do not look forward to the sinus infection that I usually get with the changing of seasons.  I am taking my meds and staying hydrated and keeping my fingers crossed.

Starting my new "Our Daily Bread" devotion for September.  Oddly I do most of my devotions and prayer time in my car waiting to go into work, but it is a time I am alone and focused and it seems to work so I stick with it for now.

I knew God was right when he told me that now was not the time to return to school just yet.  I know if I had I would not be writing this post because I would be working on homework.  I am sure He will let me know if/when he thinks it is the right time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

SITE DESIGN BY FABULOUS K CREATIVE | POWERED BY BLOGGER