Wednesday, December 29, 2010

SIMPLIFY


Well the holidays were a little more stressful than normal since my daughter was in the hospital for an appendectomy and some female problems and she wasn't discharged until Christmas day.  Add to that our first white Christmas that was beautiful but added to changes of plans by everyone.  My daughter and my grand-dog stayed with us for a few days until she was back on her feet.  I have been tired, stressed and just feeling overwhelmed looking at all the mess.  The house, car, my purse, the fridge....everything in a huge mess.  I like order and things to be in their place so this has been a trying time and yesterday I just pouted and did a little shopping because I just could not get it going.  I found this book yesterday when we were out and I decided to start it last night at 9 o'clock.  I was immediately absorbed in it and stayed up until I finished it at 2 in the morning.  I NEVER do that!  I am usually in bed by 11 at the latest, but I loved this book.  I am so inspired by the Amish community and how they live their lives.  Family, God and community first.  I love their work ethic and how each member of the family does what is needed to keep things going and helping extended family without question.  In this book they extend their kindness to strangers.  My resolution- now that I think about it- is to live more simply keeping my focus on what is really important and make ALL my choices reflect that.  This can extend to every area of my life- work, cooking, cleaning, clothing, homework, etc.  Today I cleaned out the fridge, freezer, and kitchen cabinets and I plan to continue purging what is wasting space in my life - tangible or not.

1 comment:

  1. WOW-- I've been feeling the same exact way! This really puts things into perspective...THANK YOU! Boy, you sure got a lot done. I love when I do that :)
    Good for you. And by the way, I hope your daughter is mending good and feeling better everyday...what a scare!

    ReplyDelete

 

SITE DESIGN BY FABULOUS K CREATIVE | POWERED BY BLOGGER