Saturday, March 19, 2011

This Week's Meals

Since I have change schedules I have had a really hard time staying on top of my meal planning and have ended up frustrated and eating out more than I really want to admit. This week I am going to try to use my blog to help me. I am going to try to plan my meals here and it will also help me to look back and see what worked and what didn't. I have found having some ideas helps me shop and have things thawed, but trying to plan for each day does not because I still want flexibility. Anyway here goes....


Pioneer Woman's Sour Cream Bake
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2011/03/sour-cream-noodle-bake/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+pwcooks+%28The+Pioneer+Woman+Cooks!%29


Chicken Pie


Meatloaf


I always serve meatloaf with mashed potatoes....ALWAYS!

Salmon Patties

My husband hates these so I will plan them for a night he is working :-)


I don't have a "recipe" for these, but basically I just take a can of salmon (Double Q is what I buy) and drain off the juice. I then mash all the contents of can with my fingers until a smooth consistency. Some people remove the little bones, but I was taught by the good old southern goods that those are the source of calcium and meant to be "smooshed." I then add just one egg and enough flour to make the mix thick enough to form into patties. Fry in canola oil until crispy on each side. I make a white gravy to put over these and the mashed potatoes that I usually serve with them. Yummy!

Chocolate Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting


Okay- it's from a box and I am not ashamed - it's that good!

One night my son has guitar practice so we usually go out for a casual meal. My grill is out of commission right now so I can't use it. I hope to get one for Mothers Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

SITE DESIGN BY FABULOUS K CREATIVE | POWERED BY BLOGGER