Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Green Beans with Potatoes - One pot meal

This is a favorite cool weather meal that tastes great and is reasonably healthy.  It also makes the house smell wonderful. The first time I made this I could not believe how good it was.  It is great with cornbread.





1. Take one or two of these and drain off the water that is in them.  (You could use fresh green beans if you wanted.)


2. Add these.  (canned or fresh new potatoes halved or quartered.)


3. And some of this.  I use the low-fat / fat free kind and it is really good. I slice it in halve and then cut into pieces.

 4.  Add water to cover beans and simmer for several hours or place in crock pot for 8-10 hours.  Season with salt / pepper as desired.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Anita. You asked about my paint color (Southern Comfort in a Northern Life) and it is Latte by Porter Paint. I would color match it to something else as I didn't like how Porter covered. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad I found your blog! I am married to a very picky eater and I usually wind up making two different dinners-one for me and one for him. I am going to try some of your recipes in hopes of being able to cook one meal every night! :-)

    ReplyDelete

 

SITE DESIGN BY FABULOUS K CREATIVE | POWERED BY BLOGGER