Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Vegetable Soup

Since yesterday was the first cool day I have been able to enjoy I made a big pot of vegetable soup.

Cook chopped potatoes and chopped tomatoes together with EVOO and 2-3T. sugar until potatoes are done.
(This amounts vary based on how much you want to prepare and you can use fresh or canned.)
Add water or chicken broth.  (I just use water with bouillon cubes).
Add corn, green beans, carrots, and whatever other veggies you like.  I have even added cabbage.
Season with basil, parsley, salt and pepper. 

Simmer for several hours to cook in crock pot.

I place my leftovers in a gallon ziploc bag in the freezer so the next time I want some, I just have to reheat.  I lay them flat to save space and I am trying to have a selection of soups already prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

SITE DESIGN BY FABULOUS K CREATIVE | POWERED BY BLOGGER