Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Snickerdoodles


I use the recipe from my tried and true Better Homes and Gardens red plaid cookbook.  The recipe is so tattered I thought I better put this one here so I can always find it.  Enjoy!

1/2 c. margarine or butter
1 1/2 c. all purpose flour
1 c. sugar
1 egg
1/2 t. vanilla
1/4 t. baking soda
1/4 t. cream of tartar
2 T. sugar
1 t. cinnamon

Beat butter and add half of flour, the 1 c. sugar, egg, vanilla, baking soda and cream of tartar until combined. Add remaining flour. Chill 1 hour.

Shape into 1 inch balls. Combine 2T. sugar and 1 t. cinnamon and roll each ball in this mixture.
Bake at 375 for 10-11 minutes or until edges are slightly brown.  Cool on cooling rack.

Yield:36

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

SITE DESIGN BY FABULOUS K CREATIVE | POWERED BY BLOGGER