Thursday, September 30, 2010

Toffee Crunch Cookies

In case you haven't noticed the trend here, I collect recipes-- from everywhere and everyone!!  I seriously have a problem.  I am always trying new recipes.  This is from another coworker and it has been a keeper.  I usually make these at Christmas.
1/2 c. butter or margarine, softened
1 package yellow cake mix with pudding in the mix
2 large eggs
1 T. water
1 6-ounce package toffee brickle chips (near chocolate chips in store)
1/2 - 1 cup chopped pecans


Beat butter on medium speed with mixer until creamy. Add dry cake mix, eggs, and water beating until blended. Stir in toffee/brickle chips and pecans.  Drop by tablespoons on cookie sheet.

Bake at 250 for 8-10 minutes or until edges are browned.  Top will look moist.
yield- 4 dozen.

Note-Sometime I have found the brickle chips called toffee chips or almond brickle chips and at times I have found this difficult to locate altogether, but they are usually plentiful around the holidays so I buy a couple of bags and keep in the freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

SITE DESIGN BY FABULOUS K CREATIVE | POWERED BY BLOGGER